Cupcakes & Co
130 East Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, Ca 91502
The last stop on the cupcake run, Cupcakes & Co. was a little out of the way from where we had been. We went to downtown Burbank to park and walk to this cupcake store. When we arrived at the store it reminded us of a specialty cake store, with all types of cupcakes displayed around the store. They had wedding type cupcakes, floral decorated ones, cupcakes honoring different branches of the military, and more! The glass case containing the cupcakes for sale was practically empty by the time we got there. From the looks of it there had been about 9 types of different cupcakes. Since we were there at the end of the day it looks as though they weren't replacing the cupcakes in the display. There were 3 rows stacked high with where cupcakes should be.
- The guy behing the counter was ultra friendly and went through every single cupcake with us
- He gave us his personal favorite recommendations
- There is no parking anywhere near the cupcake store, so it is kind of a walk
- The store itself is beautifully decorated in blues and whites with all of the specialty cupcakes
- There were 2 tables with stools to eat at near the front at the window
- Hot Chocolate-Chocolate cake, chocolate ganache inside, chocolate buttercream frosting with cinnamon
- Blueberry Cheesecake-Vanilla cake with blueberries in it, cream cheese frosting with graham cracker crumbs, a dollop of vanilla frosting, and blueberries on top
Cupcakes are $3.50 eachFood Stain:
- Tasted like a Mexican hot chocolate
- Chocolate ganache inside was well portioned and didn't spill out when you took a bite
- Chocolate cake extremely moist
- Taste more like a blueberry muffin, wasn't heavy or dense
- The cream cheese frosting was smooth and buttery
- They used fresh fruit on this cupcake as well as with the other cupcakes in the store.
We all agreed that Cupcakes & Co. (while kind of a pain for us to get to) was worth the trip. The presentation of all the different types of cupcakes around the store was something to see, as well as the use of color in the cupcakes.As the cupcake run neared the end we had a really hard time deciding which place was the best. It was a tie between Yummy Cupcakes and this place, Cupcakes & Co. Cupcakes & Co. had the most interesting tasting cupcakes, while Yummy Cupcakes had really good ideas and execution of their cupcakes.